Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 2: Wha?! So I have to leave it behind?!

Week 2 Blogging:
What 5 things would you not leave home without if you were going into hiding, camping, or running away and WHY.

I'm going to choose to do a couple different lists. First a domesticated non-survival camping list:
  1. Warm clothing - I don't care where I'll be camping. It gets cold at night no matter what the season and I want to be warm. This might be clasified under 'survival' but it is something I need no matter the type of list. :D
  2. Knitting - I try and take at least one project when I go camping. There is so much down-time in camping, which of course is the whole point, but knitting is relaxing enough and productive enough to enjoy.
  3. Fun over the fire food - This includes making for smores, hot dogs, sometimes corn, sometimes meat kabobs. Just fun safe ways to have fun with fire!
  4. Alcohol - Hmmm. Yea. That better be self explanitory.
  5. Friends - I could never, ever go camping by myself
Ok now a more survival-on-the-run type list:

  1. My S.O. - He's all up on the survival type stuff and with the ability to bring 5 things on his own he would be good in this type of situation. He'd take care of hunting food as he has the supply of hunting gear: guns et acoutrements, camping gear, fire making, cooking, getting clean water, etc.
  2. Warm clothing - again, as before this is something I can't do with out. I lived in Indiana for two years and France for one year. There is a reason why I moved back to So. Cali. It's warm here!!!
  3. Pride and Prejudice - One book I have never, ever gotten sick of reading after probably a hundred times or more. I'm pretty sure it will come in handy.
  4. Ipod - I need music period.
  5. Totally stealing this from Megaera Black, nosheep4chelle. PowerMonkey-eXplorer-Portable-Charger Solar - This is fricken awesome and if I ever went out there for suvival I would totally get one first!

No comments: